Spicy Ham and Bacon Chili
Dig into a bowl of good with family, friends, and Farmland! Check out this spicy ham and bacon chili recipe for a kicked-up crowd-pleaser.
PREP TIME 25 mins
SKILL LEVEL Beginner
Farmland® Hickory Smoked Classic Cut Bacon or Smithfield® Thick Cut Bacon
Farmland® Cubed Ham or Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Cubed Ham
Fresh garlic, chopped
Large jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
28 oz. can
Red kidney beans
38 oz. can
Shredded Cheddar cheese, for topping
- Cook the bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels.
- Drain approximately half of the bacon grease from the pot.
- Season the cubed ham with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Brown cubed ham on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano and jalapeños to the pot and sauté until onions are soft. Stir often for approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and stir for approximately 1 minute.
- Return the browned cubed ham and bacon to the pot.
- Add the broth, coffee, water, and tomatoes and stir.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until the ham is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add in beans and let sit to heat through for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and extra jalapeños. Enjoy!