Ultimate Meat Lover's Pizza
If you love meat, you can't beat this hearty, Sicilian-style pizza piled high with your favorite Carando® meats. It's the ultimate!
PREP TIME 55 mins
SKILL LEVEL Beginner
Carando® Mozzarella Rustica Meatballs
Carando® Pancetta, diced
Carando® Pepperoni, diced
Carando® Sweet Italian Sausage
Refrigerated pizza crust
San Marzano tomatoes
1 28-oz. can
Fresh garlic cloves, minced
Fresh basil, minced
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated
Crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook the meatballs and sausages according to package instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 F
- Render the pancetta in a skillet over medium-high heat, drain and reserve.
- Place the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, shallot, oregano, and basil in the bowl of a food processor and process until just slightly chunky. Reserve.
- Slice the meatballs and sausages. Reserve.
- Sprinkle one-third of the mozzarella over the dough, then top with the desired amount of sauce.
- Sprinkle the crushed red pepper and Parmesan over the sauce.
- Top the pizza with the remaining cheese.
- Evenly spread the meatballs, sausages, pancetta, pepperoni, and capicola over the pizza and bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Allow the pizza to rest for 5 minutes then cut into squares and serve.